If you like your hair moisturized but not weighed down, then you'll probably like apricot oil. Packed with vitamins A and E, it's a very light and moisturizing oil. I like it because it doesn't make my hair feel dirty or heavy after using it for several days. It's also said to be good for aged and irritated skin, and excellent for treating dry and dull hair.
Made from the dried kernels of the apricot fruit, apricot oil (Prunus armeniaca) is cold pressed and filled with fatty acids, which your hair will love. It adds sheen, softness and body to the hair.
7 WAYS TO USE APRICOT OIL:
- add a tsp or two of apricot oil to your shampoo
- add a tbsp of apricot oil to your conditioner
- use as a hot oil or prepoo treatment
- mix with natural henna and your favorite conditioner for an ultimate hair treatment
- whip up 1½ cups of shea butter and add 1½ tbsp of apricot oil & 2 tsp essential oil of choice
- mix 2 tbsp of apricot oil w/ 3 drops peppermint oil or 4 drops tea tree to treat an itchy scalp
- use to lightly "seal" ends
I love using apricot oil, it's a pretty versatile oil and you can use it for almost any type of hair treatment because it is light and it actually does add moisture my hair that lasts for a few days. If you'd like one, you can pick one up at The Vitamin Shop, Whole Foods, your local organic market, etc. Anyone else try this oil and love it?