Many naturals found the strength to transition through the support of the natural hair community and the transition and natural hair stories of other naturals. Rockin' It Napptural takes pride in sharing and inspiring women (and men) in transitioning from relaxed to natural by providing a platform of support and spotlighting others that would like to share their journey. Not only will you find natural hair stories, but also the stories of men and their perspectives on natural hair, women in business spotlights and so much more!
Did You, or Are You Currently Transitioning?
- Please introduce yourself!
- Why did you decide to become natural?
- What was your transition period like?
- What style(s) did you rock the most during your transition?
- Did you BC? If so, how did your friends, family, co-workers respond to your new look?
- What mainstream products did you find worked best for your hair type? (Also, describe your hair type and texture)
- What all natural products, if any, did you use and why?
- If any, describe any points of frustration you found yourself dealing with during your transition. (IE: length, detangling, texture, color, etc.)
- Do you have a website? Blog? Where can we find you on the web?
- Are you open to answering any questions or providing any tips for other divas that may be curious about going all natural?
- Anything else?
- (Please include 2-3 distinct pics of your transition)
Been Natural for a While? We want to hear from you!
- Introduce yourself and tell us what you do.
- How long have you been natural?
- What inspired you to make the decision to become natural?
- Did you have any support when you decided to go natural?
- Did you BC or transition? If you transitioned, for how long?
- Would you say that becoming natural has changed your outlook on life, if so how?
- What was the best advice you received when you became natural?
- Name 5 products you can't live without.
- Name 8 things that should always be in the natural girl's hair kit.
- What's the one thing you wish you knew before you went natural?
- What advice would you give another young lady that may be debating on going natural?
- Where can we find you on the web (blog, twitter, facebook)?
- (Please include 3-5 well-documented pics of your hair journey)
Recently Big Chopped?
- Hello gorgeous, please introduce and tell us a little about yourself.
- Congratulations, what date did you BC and can you tell us a little about that day?
- What inspired you to BC?
- Were there any favorite websites or YouTube channels that inspired you to go natural?
- Did you transition before BCing?
- How did your relatives and friends respond to your decision?
- What was the best advice you received since BCing?
- What products are you using on your hair and how are you styling it?
- (Please include 2-3 pics of your hair)
Are you an Entrepreneur and Want to Feature Your Business?
- Please tell us a little about yourself and why you decided to start your own business.
- What is the name of your business and what products/services do you offer?
- Please include 2-3 short paragraphs about your business and how you started. This is your opportunity to tell us whatever you would like for us to know about your company from the day you started to today. Include contact information, web address, how we can take advantage of what your offering, etc. In conclusion, please include any advice you would give to inspire someone else who may be interested in starting their own business.
Please email all interviews to email@example.com.